Monday 24 March 2014

The Happiness is... Lucky Packet!

The Happiness is... Lucky Packet newsletter
A little while ago I mentioned that I was launching a newsletter, and the first one went out last Tuesday! It was a pretty big deal for me since it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time, but I didn't want to do it until I felt I could do it well. By that I mean providing a newsletter that isn't just all about what I've been up to, that isn't just filled with stuff you may have seen on my other online channels, that is something you'll look forward to and won't want to miss. In other words, less "newsletter", more lucky packet!
In order to do that, this is what I promised:
• It's only once a month - no spamming!
• Monthly calendar printables at least a week (or more) before they're released on the blog
Exclusive high quality free printables, vouchers, giveaways or product specials from time to time for newsletter subscribers only (that won't be made available on the blog or anywhere else)
• Useful tips from me, advice or articles of interest
• A brief roundup of popular posts from the past month
• Updates on anything new happening with Happiness is...

For this first ever newsletter, the subscribers got a first look and free printable version of one of my new stationery products that will be released soon. I was very happy with the launch and super stoked with the feedback so far - thank you to everyone who took the time to share your thoughts with me, I really appreciate it as that's what helps me tailor the content to bring you happiness :) 
Here's some of what people have been saying:

“What a great newsletter! Seriously! :):)
I can see a lot of thought has gone into it and it sure does pay off.
I have just started venturing off on my own with my freelance writing and it's proving tough but that article you shared just gave me a fresh dose of inspiration, so thank you!”
 - Megan Pilditch

“I just had to write here and let you know what an amazing newsletter you have written. You have raised the bar for the standard of newsletters, and inspired me to re-work my old format and create something new and fresh. Thank you for the inspiration, and from what I can clearly see, the hard work. You are one creative lady! Well done! ♥ x” - CityGirl Searching

“Your newsletter is beautiful! I've already printed out all of the goodies!” - Hello Pretty

I'm still learning more about the newsletter system, so it'll hopefully just get better from here. There's so much time and planning that goes into something like this, but I think it's going to be worth it :)
Here's a look at some behind the scenes rough work for the header:
Happiness is... hand lettering rough work for the Lucky Packet Newsletter
If you haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Go ahead...
Subscribe to the Happiness is... Monthly Lucky Packet!
And remember, if you'd like to share any feedback, good or bad, I'm all ears :)


Follow Happiness is... twitterfacebookinstagrampinterestbloglovin'

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover